Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Viking Rigg v1.0

Another fat type character, the Viking! This was concepted, sculpted and retopoed by DJ Curtin. My main thing which I wanted to accomplish with this character was to get FK / IK Arm switching AND snapping working correctly. Setting up the basic switch isn't that hard, but what was the challenge which I'm GLAD I got working was the script to get FK Controls to snap to the IK control locations and vice versa.

I found an EXCELLENT IK/FK MEL based PDF on Tim Oberlander's blogspot, yes the awesome person who created the Basic Guy Rigg, on how to get started with the MEL code. So basically using that and ALOT of trial and error I got the MEL script working AND created a simple GUI window which switches AND snaps the IK or FK bones and controls to the other's location.

Face Controls created for controlling character's face.



Body Controls, including the MEL script GUI for IK/FK Switching and snapping, created for controlling character's body.



As always, critiques and comments welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment