Thursday, September 8, 2011

Alien Dog Rigg v1.0

Man this was a tough one, my first attempt at a Quadruped Rigg. This was modeled by a good friend of mine Jonathan Thomas, and it was his first quadruped as well so we were both in a similar boat. I did learn a lot from this and am happy how it turned out, but I have to go fix a few things, like weight paint issue with the front legs.

As for the face, I wanted to try something different. While it does have my usual style of face controllers, I wanted to try messing with some Dynamic type rigging and so decided to make the Tentacle things on his face, his Tongue and his Ears all dynamic using Dynamic Curve Hair System. Again some of the settings like hair stiffness needs tweaking, on the tongue and ears, but this was really fun to work and and get working.

Face Controls featuring Dynamic Curve Hair for Tentacles, Tongue and Ears for controlling creature's face.



Body Controls created for controlling creature's body.



As always, critiques and comments welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment