Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sobek - Pirate Sobek "High Seas" SMITE Skin

This is another character which I worked on for the game SMITE which is a skin for the the Egyption God Sobek. The skin is called "High Seas" and represents what Sobek would look like as a pirate. Just like the Artemis Skin, the base rigg for this character was already setup and I pretty much just weight painted the new model. This was my second piece that I worked on and it took about roughly about 5 workings day to get it weighted and tweaked.

All Property Owned By Hi-Rez Studios.

One thing which was custom about this rigg was that it included a parrot model which needed it's own rigg which was done entirely by me and weight painted as well. It was nice to finally get to rigg something from scratch and being able to practice weight painting wings on a bird (even though this model was pretty simple). This was all done in the course of 2 working days, from rigg to weight painting.

All Property Owned By Hi-Rez Studios.

For those who may not know, SMITE the game, which is a MOBA - Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (Stuff like League of Legends etc.) is being worked on at Hi-Rez Studios. SMITE depicts a Battle Arena between Gods of different pantheons such as Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Hindu etc. It's currently in closed beta atm but can be signed up for at www.smitegame.com to get into the Beta.

As always, critiques and comments welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. This model is great! It's my favorite skin in the game, (probably because I really love pirates.) Great work! I can't wait to see more of what you get done! :P

    Sad part though, I'm too poor to own the skin, but I always love when I see someone playing in the skin. :) The extra voicing with the parrot is sooo great!

    ReplyDelete