Saturday, August 25, 2012

Artemis - Cowgirl "Wrangler" SMITE Skin

For those who may not know, I've been interning at Hi-Rez studio for the past month or so, it's been a great experience with all that I have learned so far. For my time there so far, I've been mostly weight painting Skins for character which were already rigged and just required weights for the new models without any or minor changes to the original bone riggs. It's been a good learning experience since the studio pretty much uses Max instead of Maya, I guess the main thing I learned was how much I actually didn't know about how to paint weights on a character properly.

This character was the first full character which I worked in Max with Weight Painting, from Foot to Head completely was weight painted by me, again just weight painted as the rigg was already setup. It's a skin for a character called Artemis, the Greek Goddess, for a game called SMITE with the skin being called "Wrangler" which is basically a Cowgirl Skin. Since this was my first full real piece in Max, it took me some time get it all done and polished with the weights. I think my final time spent on it was like 2 weeks or like 10 working days. I was able to post it once I got permission to since the skin went live in the game about 1-2 weeks ago.

All Property Owned By Hi-Rez Studios.

For those who may not know, SMITE the game, which is a MOBA - Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (Stuff like League of Legends etc.) is being worked on at Hi-Rez Studios. SMITE depicts a Battle Arena between Gods of different pantheons such as Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Hindu etc. It's currently in closed beta atm but can be signed up for at www.smitegame.com to get into the Beta.

As always, critiques and comments welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment